COVID-19 Safety Play Guidelines for Tennis at LVR Courts, 2021
Tennis can provide a safe opportunity for healthy outdoor exercise during the COVID-19 pandemic provided that the public health practices put forward by TennisBC and endorsed by the provincial government are followed:
- All membership payments and court bookings are to be made in advance on-line at www.nelsontennisclub.com. There will be no drop-in play. Members may bring guests for a $5 per person; cash fee to be deposited in the green shed. Visitors are welcomed but they must contact the club [link, email] to prepay and to book the court time; visitor fees are $20 per court per hour.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided before entering and leaving the courts. Players should also carry and use their own hand sanitizer.
- There will be no benches. Bring a lawnchair for your personal use if you wish, provided you take it when you leave. Do not share equipment.
- Bring your own water. The fountain will be closed.
- Take your trash home with you. There will be no trash cans.
- Play with family/household members when possible.
- Doubles are allowed with strict adherence to social distancing of two metres.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Do not attend the courts if you have symptoms or if you have been exposed to a COVID patient within 14 days.
- The elderly, and those with immune compromise and chronic diseases, should consider not attending the courts.
- Assist each other in following the rules. Behaviors will be monitored; a lack of compliance will result in a suspension of play and could result in a suspension of membership.
- PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Preparation for, and participation in playing tennis at the Nelson Tennis Club, shall be entirely at your own risk.
Please be vigilant and thank you for respecting public health and safety practices.
PICKLEBALL SAFE PLAY GUIDELINES AT LVR COURTS
During these times of restricted social activity, the pickleball community needs to respond with a modified operating model. Socializing at the courts does not match the requirements and orders put in place by our Provincial Health Authority. The following are guidelines for returning to the LVR courts.
- Stay home if you are sick or have come into contact with someone who is sick (14 days).
- Maintain social distancing.
- Pre-arrange play via signup.com ONLY. NO DROP-IN games.
- At this point, the middle court is reserved for single play only. There are no restrictions on who you can play with for singles.
- For 4-person play, you must be a part of a pod that is set up for the season. Do not randomly change partners.
- Do NOT intermingle with players from the other courts.
- To join a pod and to be apart of the latest news about pickleball in Nelson, please join this list: https://www.freelists.org/list/nelsonpicklebal You will then be able to send messages to all other pickleball players using the email@example.com email.
- All players must sign-up before play. There are no drop-ins allowed. Sign up at: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2151979/true#/invitation
- Please do NOT arrive early or linger after your playing time.
- Avoid touching your face until you have washed your hands (soap and water or sanitizer).
- Use the hand disinfectant provided at the gate after entering and leaving. Players should also carry their own hand sanitizer for use after each game.
- No sharing of equipment, water bottles etc.
- No paddle taps at the end of the game.
- When your ball travels to another court, ask a player to kick or paddle it back to you.
- If nobody is waiting at the end of your slot, please lock the gate.
PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS AND THEIR OPPORTUNITY TO STAY HEALTHY WHILE HAVING FUN AT PICKLEBALL.
If you have any questions about these Safe Play Guidelines, email Doug at: firstname.lastname@example.org