Enjoy pickleball at the LVR courts
Come and play pickleball, the fastest growing sport in North America, at our three dedicated courts above LVR School.
The season pass fees, collected by the Nelson Tennis Club, are used for resurfacing and maintaining the courts. The season pass does not purchase membership into either the tennis or pickleball clubs. Pickleball play is managed by a volunteer group of pickleball players.
PICKLEBALL SAFE PLAY GUIDELINES AT LVR COURTS
During these times of restricted social activity, the pickleball community needs to respond with a modified operating model. The guidelines below, in line with those from Pickleball BC, are current right now but the COVID-19 situation is fluid and can change at short notice. We will update as soon as any changes occur.
- Stay home if you are sick or have come into contact with someone who is sick (14 days).
- Maintain social distancing.
- Pre-arrange play via signup.com ONLY. NO DROP-IN games.
- At this point, the middle court is reserved for single play only. There are no restrictions on who you can play with for singles.
- You can play doubles only if your playing partner is from the same household.
- Do not intermingle with players from the other courts.
- To receive the latest news about pickleball in Nelson, please join this list: https://www.freelists.org/list/nelsonpicklebal. You will then be able to send messages to all other pickleball players using the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- All players must sign-up before play. There are no drop-ins allowed. Sign up at: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2151979/true#/invitation
- Please do not arrive early or linger after your playing time.
- Avoid touching your face until you have washed your hands (soap and water or sanitizer).
- Use the hand disinfectant provided at the gate after entering and leaving. Players should also carry their own hand sanitizer for use after each game.
- No sharing of equipment, water bottles etc.
- No paddle taps at the end of the game.
- When your ball travels to another court, ask a player to kick or paddle it back to you.
- If nobody is waiting at the end of your slot, please lock the gate.
PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Please respect others and their opportunity to stay healthy while having fun at pickleball.
If you have any questions about these Safe Play Guidelines, email Doug at: email@example.com