Come Play at the new LVR Courts!
Click here for all things PICKLEBALL
TENNIS, what you need to know:
- The Nelson Tennis Club (NTC) welcomes all ages and skill levels!
- Our award-winning pro and assistant coaches provide lessons and clinics to get your game to the next level.
- Thinking of joining? Consider the benefits:
- low annual membership rates; add a bit more and include pickleball.
- No court fees: book online, and play as much as you want.
- fun round-robin social events and competitive tournaments (COVID-19 restrictions allowing).
- free weekly coaching clinics
- ball machine
- hitting wall
- Sunday morning round-robin play
- Enroll your youngsters in the Junior Development Program
- Enjoy the fabulous vistas of the West Arm and Elephant Mountain from our soon-to-be Facility Centre deck
- Skills, Drills and Thrills coaching clinics with your head coach Matt Martin have started. They are free to members but because of COVID, the limit is 16 persons. It is first come first served. If you get turned away you will take priority the following week.
- Ladies Nights, Wednesdays, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Men’s Nights, Thursdays, from from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- All courts must be booked in advance:
- No drop-ins allowed, but visitors welcome if you book ahead. Call 250-777-2591 for details.
- JOIN NOW
- Inquiries? contact Angus Glass at 250-777-2591 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you have signed up though the “Membership” tab, you can etransfer your fees to: email@example.com
Find out the latest plans and progress for the facility centre for 2021. Please consider volunteering for a variety of ½ day work parties, camaraderie guaranteed. Please Sign up and we will have some fun!
Latest NTC news:
- Pickleballers donate bench in memory of Rob Wright
“Thank you Rob Wright. The Joy You Shared Lives On”
The words on the plaque on a new bench, a gesture of appreciation by the Nelson Pickleball Club, say it all.
Rob brought a happy positivity to volunteers and players alike, whether he was playing tennis or pickleball, or working with relentless energy to improve the Nelson Tennis Club’s facility at LVR.
He was an ideas man–always generous with his time and energy. It was rare to be at the courts without seeing Rob there, totally involved in something that would improve the facility that we now all enjoy.
Rob’s passionate dream has become a reality … his joy remains with us all.
Pictured: (standing) Pickleballers Doug Farquharson, Tricia Timmermans, and Gloria Beecham, with Tammy Wright and Keith Bridger.